Can’t find a gift for the wordy, nerdy and bookish on your list? Penguin books presents the best holiday gift ever:
1. Who isn’t secretly lusting over a slightly used, ORANGE mini-cooper? The ultimate character car. Car with character? Car that could become a character? You choose.
2. Who wouldn’t kill to have said car graffiti-fied by Penguin legends like William Kennedy, Sue Monk Kidd and Rosanne Cash (18 Penguin Authors in all)?
3. The absolutely reasonable asking price of $30k includes…a collection of top Penguin titles over the last 75 years. Yes… the car comes with $1200 worth of books.
I really don’t know what else there could be to discuss, and amazingly as of today AutoTrader .com still confirms the car has not been snatched up. Go. Shop. Spend. All proceeds benefit the NY Public Library.
(P.S. if you are purchasing for me as a gift, just shoot me an email and I’ll gladly send you a shipping destination)
More details at:
Bloggiesta is the brainchild of Natasha over at the Maw Books Blog. It’s a chance to spend the weekend catching up on your blog. Tidying up loose ends, get ahead on posts, participate in hosted mini-challenges and learn some great blogging tips along the way. And would I forget to mention….prizes!
Best of all it’s not too late to start! Although officially it runs from 8am Friday the 19th through 8am Sunday the 21st. You can still jump in and get plenty of blogging done. I’m getting in with a slow start myself!
Just run over to Maw Books and get yourself setup.
The editors of Million Writers Awards have chosen the top ten short stories published online in 2008. The Award editors are asking all interested readers to vote for the best story of the year. We encourage you to visit the Million Writers Award page, to review the list of top ten stories, and to cast your vote. Each reader may vote only once.
Please cast your vote here.
You procrastinators still have some time to enter the Writer’s digest Annual Competition.
For 78 years, the Annual Writer’s Digest Competition has rewarded writers just like you for their finest work. We continue the tradition by giving away more than $30,000 in cash and prizes!
Compete and Win in 10 Categories!
- Inspirational Writing (Spiritual/Religious)
- Memoirs/Personal Essay
- Magazine Feature Article
- Genre Short Story (Mystery, Romance, etc.)
- Mainstream/Literary Short Story
- Rhyming Poetry
- Non-rhyming Poetry
- Stage Play
- Television/Movie Script
- Children’s/Young Adult Fiction
Late entries must be postmarked by June 1st, 2009.
Kevin Spacey set to produce movie version of Ben Mezrich’s Book ‘The Accidental Billionaires‘ with Sony. Expect Aaron Sorkin and Scott Rudin to also be involved.
“The incredible true story of the accidental creation of Facebook, and the even more amazing tale of what followed.”