SHORT STORY AWARD for NEW WRITERS
Deadline: August 31, 2009
- 1st place wins $1,200, publication in Glimmer Train Stories, and 20 copies.
- 2nd-place: $500 and possible publication.
- 3rd-place: $300 and possible publication.
Reading fee: $15 per story.
Results post on October 31, 2009. Winning story will be published in Issue 77.
- Open only to writers whose fiction has not appeared in any print publication with a circulation over 5,000. (Entries, of course, must be unpublished.)
- Stories not to exceed 12,000 words.
Looking for a fun way to whittle down the books on your TBR (To Be Read) List? Jump on over to The 9 For ‘09 Challenge and pick a book for each of the 9 categories to finish and review this year. I know, I know… the year is half over, but there’s no crying in blogging and you know you’ll feel so much better getting just a few of those books crossed off your list. Plus, Isabel put together a great site to make it so much fun. And I hardly need mention…but do I send you anywhere without prizes?
Ooh and just in case you are curious as to my picks and want to follow my progress, you can check out My List at Adventures in Thought.